Roles of the RNEC
1. Protecting research participants against unethical conduct.
2. Setting and enforcing sound researeach guidelines and principles aimed at improving the quality of research Projects.
3. Contribute to safeguarding the dignity, rights, safety and welfare of research participants.
4. Promote the principle of justice by which the benefits and burden of research shall be fairly distributed among all groups and class of society.
5. Facilitate ethically acceptable attempts to identify new and better treatment from which everyone may potentially benefit